How To Live A Life You Love with Phil Parker
Phil Parker is the Psychologist of Health, Happiness and Genius Guy.
I first came across Phil and his Lightning Process seminars, when I was looking to create incredible transformation in my health, which I achieved with his process.
By designing the groundbreaking Lightning Process® seminars Phil has changed the lives of thousands of people, which we chat about in the podcast!
He’s also an internationally renowned lecturer, therapist and innovator in the field of personal development.
4 years later after regaining my health and thriving, I’m now training with Phil to become a Neuro-Linguistic Programming practitioner, hypnosis and life coach.
And having delved deeper into the world of the mind-body connection with Phil, I just had to get him on the show to help you create transformation in your life too.
His dream of becoming a rock guitarist was shattered by doctors, who told him that he’d never regain movement in his left hand after his nerves, tendons and muscles were severed in an accident. However, one doctor thought he would recover and Phil decided to believe him. And as they say, the rest is history.
Phil questioned what was possible and what was not possible.
Fascinated and curious about how humans work brilliantly and disastrously, he embarked on a journey to work out how he could work with the mental, emotional, cognitive and neurological processing side of our body.
Now his focus is on how humans work and what happens when we don’t work properly and how we can tweak things until we can get back to being happy.
He helps people discover what’s stopping them from being extraordinary, how they can be happy and how they can live great lives, lives they love.
Jump into this episode if you're ready to make small changes in your life for exponential results.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
How an unfortunate accident led Phil to become one of the leading experts in personal development
- How our thoughts, emotions and brain changes our physiology and how we can turn on the neurology of our body to influence it in a healthy way
4 ways to create transformation by only changing your language
Phil's top tips for adventurers and endurance athletes from helping Olympians and explorers incl. world record holder Ed Stafford
Strategies for Effective Learning
QUESTION OF THE DAY: What was your favourite lesson or actionable tip from this episode? Please let me know in the comments below :)
4 ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
Change your language...
- Use the Du Verb: anytime you notice that you’re stuck and feel you can’t do anything about something, insert the du, e.g. I’m duing angry, and immediately it will shift the responsibility for who is being angry and who is causing you to be angry
- Check that you’re not talking in negatives and if you are start to change it to positives e.g. I don’t want to feel stressed > I want to feel calm
- Delete all can’t’s/should’s/try’s
- Anytime you hear yourself say this is difficult, change it to this is unfamiliar, as it will become a little more intriguing and easier
Who Phil is in the World Today
[0:44] Introducing Phil
[1:19] Phil in a nut shell
[3:04] The psychologist of health, happiness and genius guy
[5:55] How Phil came to be where he is today
The Lightning Process
[10:58] The Lightning Process
[12:53] How Phil invented The Lightning Process
Power of Language
[15:20] Why you should be using the Du Verb
[18:40] 4 ways to create transformation by only changing your language
How to Create Change
[20:40] The most extraordinary transformations
[22:20] How Phil coached Ed Stafford, Guinness World Record holder for being the first human ever to walk the length of the Amazon River
[25:00] Top tips for adventurers and endurance athletes
[26:19] Strategies for Effective Learning
[29:00] Wild Fire Questions
- Questions Phil would like to be asked, but never are
- Why Phil fell in love with music
- Who Phil would jam with and why
- First song on Phil’s playlist of his life
- What curriculum would Phil design for a school? State management, du (get it on every keyboard), longer consequences of our actions
- What Phil would do a Ted Talk on that’s not in his expertise
- Favourite Greek myth - achilles heel
- What Phil would have on a Billboard “look away and focus on what’s really important”
[35:45] How Phil will continue to make the magic happen
[36:00] Where to connect with Phil
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
Find Phil here