The Secret Ingredient…
Mayans considered chia seeds to be almost magical, due to their ability to increase stamina and increase energy over long periods of time.
The Aztecs and Mayans were certainly onto something, as they make the BEST adventure breakfast!
10 Reasons Why This Is An Awesome Adventure Breakfast
Easy And Simple To Make
Nutritious: Chia Seeds Are Nutrient Power Houses
All Year Round: Serve Hot or Cold!
Increases and Sustains Your Energy
Light To Carry
They Are Magic! (Supposedly!)
MAKES 1 / SERVES 1 / COOKS IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES / SUPER EASY TO MAKE
1/2 Cup Organic Chia Seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Small handful of organic banana chips
Pinch of salt
250ml Organic Puréed Fruit/Veg – I usually buy pouches of baby food, Ella's Kitchen is a good make.
100ml (or less) Hot or Cold Liquid (Water or Plant Milk both work well)
Plant Protein Powder e.g. Sun Warrior
Other dried fruits, especially chopped dates
Serve with a cup of tea or coffee!
- Place your dry ingredients into a sealable bag for each day
- Shake your sealed bag to ensure all of your ingredients are well mixed together.
- Gently squeeze all of the air out of your bag.
- I place all of my breakfast bags into another to ensure no spillages.
1. I find it best to wake up and quickly prepare your breakfast: either add the pureed fruit into your bag or pour into a bowl if you are adding hot water/milk. Mix well and then leave to turn gelatinous while you get ready.
2. Once gelatinous, depending on the constituency and temperature you like, add hot or cold liquid. Stir in well.
3. Ready to eat and enjoy! You could also top it with dried fruit or chocolate and serve with tea or coffee for the perfect breakfast!